Summer camps provide a great educational opportunity for students.
Summer camps are important because it offers a structured opportunity for children to grow. Kids go from home to school to extracurriculars, with each environment contributing to their development. Summer camp, then, is another unique venue for growth, allowing kids to become independent and self-confident, while socializing and making new friends, and even learning new skills.
Here are 8 reasons to allow your child to participate in camp this summer.
1. It helps kids build unique interests – Kids are exposed to areas that they might not otherwise have gotten a chance to study.
2. It allows a deeper study of something that interests them. – Kids can focus on something that interests them and dig a bit deeper in that area than they can in other settings.
3. It leads to new friendships – because students are will different kids from different schools it allows the student to create a new friend.
4. It is mental stimulation in the summer. – Camps give students the opportunity to get out of the house and do some fun learning in the summer.
5. Camps reinforces independence and empowerment. There is nothing more empowering than building something or creating something on your own that works or is beautiful.
6. Camps build confidence – students work together to create, build, engage and learn and this process allows the student to build confidence in themselves and their camp mates.
7. It leads to creativity – Camps allow the student to be creative to explore and to new and different ideas and ways to accomplish a task.